I’ve been sifting through many photos recently and I’m frustrated — though I’ve been baking several times a week for months now, I haven’t documented the evidence all that beautifully. Blurry iPhone photos of chocolate malt cookie bars just won’t do (guess I’ll have to remake those… rats!). I came across these particular photos though, and went, “yum!”
These muffins were born from pure, late-night improvisation one Saturday. I teach Sunday School and always whip up some baked goods for my kids the next morning. One of the young men that used to be in my class has a dairy allergy.
I’ve done a decent amount of dairy-free baking before, for friends who have the same allergy or who are vegan, and it was nice to familiarize myself with dairy-free baking again.
These muffins are dense, moist, and sweet. Super scrumptious. Make them and share them. No one should be denied delicious muffins.
Vegan Blueberry Muffins
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes
You will need:
1/4 c. canola oil
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/2 t. salt
1 c. sugar
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 T. baking powder
1/2 c. cranberry juice (orange juice works as well)
2 cups frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line muffin cups with paper liners
3. Mix all ingredients together until moistened.
4. Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Each should be filled 3/4 full.
5. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins are firm.
6. Enjoy warm or cool. Store in an airtight container.