Strawberries, for me, are one of the quintessential summer fruits. They are glorious in so many forms. But my favorite form is baked into something — whether it be a pie, a cake, muffins — or in this case, bars.
I saw this recipe posted on one of my favorite baking blogs, Cookies And Cups — authored by an adorable woman named Shelly, and my brain immediately went, “Must. Bake. Now.”
It is like a delicious fusion of strawberry shortcake and cheesecake — the creamy filling really sells it for me. One of my other favorite recipes (Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars) was recently posted on this same site, and I’m thinking of fusing these two together somehow. They’re both completely delicious on their own though.
So, while summer’s still lingering (it’s a pretty perfect 84 and sunny here today), let’s take some strawberries and bake them up into something delicious. It’ll get you through the week. I promise.
Strawberry And Cream Bars
Recipe via Cookies And Cups
You will need:
1 box vanilla cake mix
1/3 c. butter, softened
2 eggs, divided
1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 9×13″ baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.
3. In large bowl combine butter, one egg and cake mix.
4. Reserve 1 cup of mixture for topping and set aside.
5. Press the remaining mixture in the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
6. While crust is baking, hull and slice strawberries.
7. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and remaining egg until smooth.
8. Spread cream cheese mixture over top the partially baked crust.
9. Evenly arrange the sliced strawberries over the cream cheese mixture and the sprinkle with remaining crust.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes until center is set and crumbs on top turn golden brown.
11. Cool completely, then chill at least 30 minutes before serving. Slice into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
So glad you made them and that they turned out for you!!!
Thank you so much for posting this recipe! I adore your blog!
I finally made the Strawberry and Cream Bars, and My mom and I messed up a little bit, but they taste out of this world. I love you and your recipes. You an amazing cook, and I adore how nice you are. Thanks again for giving me your link, because now we can have amazing treats in or home, and Have our house smell wonderful!!!!!
Also, Dallin made the Triple Threat Brownies and they were a great success too!!! He was so extatic when they came out of the oven, and He says that they are amazing. I thank you again for making wonderful recipes. It all tasted sooooo good!!! ❤ ❤
Love, Mikayla 🙂
Mikayla! You are so welcome. And so sweet. We’ll have to get together and bake sometime. Lots of love and big hugs!