To wrap up August (aka National Peach Month), I had to leave you with one last peach recipe.
I recently discovered this quick and easy recipe for peach crisp and love it. Assembly is quick and simple, and I think this would be great with so many types of fruit! I cannot wait to make a warm apple crisp come fall.
I’m still relishing these last days of summer. It was warm and sunny today, and the air was heavy with humidity. I stayed inside most of the day, but the highlight was popping to Designer Desserts bakery, which is about 30 minutes from me.
They have the most incredible cupcakes. Heavens! They are gorgeous. I grabbed a few to go and took them to a friend, who’s recovering from an injury. We shared cupcakes, played some Scene It?, and I snuggled his dogs — who had their eye on me, hoping I would drop a cupcake crumb or two. It was such a bright spot in my day.
After recovering from the sugar overload, I threw this crisp together, and enjoyed some warm out of the oven with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream. I highly recommend you follow suit.
“Movin’ to the country…” (sing it with me, friend)
Recipe adapted via The Breadman’s Wife
You will need:
3 peaches, sliced
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 c. old-fashioned oats
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, cold and cubed
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9×9″ baking dish with butter.
2. Lay peaches in bottom of baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, flour, oats, and cinnamon. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or fork until crumbly.
4. Pour mixture on top of peaches, covering evenly.
5. Bake 40-45 minutes. Let cool slightly, then serve warm with ice cream.
Will keep, well covered in the fridge, for up to 3 days.