You know how sometimes you make something so dang delicious that you dream about it the next day? How you keep trying to find an upcoming special occasion so that you can make it again? World Penguin Day? Hug an Australian Day? We should totally make this pie to celebrate!
It is so chocolaty and delicious. And with such a lovely, subtle hint of mint — pure perfection. Make it for a birthday. For an obscure holiday. For Sunday supper. Or make it just because (my favorite).
Have a lovely weekend, friend!
Mint Chocolate Pudding Pie
Recipe adapted from Kraft
For the crust, you will need:
6 T. unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
About 15 Oreo cookies with filling removed
For the cream cheese layer, you will need:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 t. peppermint extract
For the pudding layer, you will need:
One 3.9 oz. package instant chocolate pudding
2 c. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a food processor, pulse cookies until fine crumbs. Add in melted butter and pulse until combined.
3. Press into a 9″ pie plate using the bottom of a small glass.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
5. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and peppermint extract in food processor. Blend until smooth. Spread onto cooled cookie crust.
6. In a medium bowl, beat pudding mix and milk with a whisk for 2 minutes. Pour on top of cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set (about an hour). If you’re feeling extra fancy, make some fresh whipped cream and pipe onto top of pie.