I’m declaring this chocolate week! Some weeks call for excessive amounts of chocolate. This is one of them. Don’t ask why. That’s not the way to get out of this alive.
Stressed about a looming deadline? An upcoming exam? An ailing loved one? Well, friend — relax. Brownies are an amazing antidote. Brownies and some extremely embarrassing music at an epic volume (I don’t know what your guilty pleasure music is — but mine involves a lot of pop from the late 90’s. I’m currently jamming to my Spice Girls station on Pandora. Oh, good gracious. Let’s change the subject.)
You want to know a secret? It wasn’t until the last year or so I started making brownies from scratch. I know, I know. But let’s be real — brownies from a mix are delicious and easy!
Have you made brownies from scratch? If you haven’t, fear not. And if you have, hold on to your pants. This brownie recipe is not only super simple, but ooey-gooey, intensely chocolaty, and seriously scrumptious.
Okay. Enough adjectives. My mouth is watering. Let’s bake!
Make them. Share them. Making a double batch isn’t a bad idea.
The Best Homemade Brownies
Recipe adapted from Buns In My Oven
You will need:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 and 1/4 c. sugar
4 large eggs
1 and 1/4 c. cocoa powder
1 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
1 T. vanilla
1 and 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 T. chocolate spread (I use Nutella)
2 c. chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13″ baking dish with foil and grease (I usually use cooking spray, but butter or margarine works just as well)
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter completely. Stir in sugar and continue cooking 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly — do not allow sugar mixture to boil.
3. Pour butter mixture into a large bowl or stand mixer, beat in cocoa powder, eggs, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
4. Stir in the flour, chocolate spread, and chocolate chips until well combined.
5. Spread into prepared pan (batter will be very thick and sticky) and bake for about 30 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean. The edges should be set and the center should still look slightly moist, but not uncooked. Cool completely. Slice into bars and store in an airtight container.
I’ve been craving some brownies lately… thanks for the recipe. I will have to try this one asap!
Great post. Very helpful. Thanks for the info.
Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed it!
[…] definitely want to make them with my The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie and The Best Homemade Brownies recipes. I just might have to do that sometime this week. I barely got a bite of this […]
[…] decadent and completely delicious. If you’re looking for a flip on the good old’ brownie, this is it. And a perfect way to brighten up your Monday. Let’s get to […]