Well, friends — February is upon us. And yes… that dreaded and/or joyous holiday brought on by Saint Valentine is just a couple of days away.
I, personally, have always enjoyed holidays. Valentine’s Day included — whether I had a valentine or not (which most of the time, I haven’t had one… more chocolates for me).
Valentine’s Day embodies two things I adore: showing love and sweet, delicious treats. Most of the time it’s a one-two punch (“Heyyyy! I made you these cookies because I love youuuu!”).
I discovered cherry M&M’s a couple of years ago and ever since then, try and stock up when I see them out around the holidays. I’m not even a chocolate cherry person, but these are totally delicious. Added in place of chocolate chips in a fluffy cookie? SHUT UP. So good.
If you can’t find cherry M&M’s, you can totally use any candy (or chip) of your choice. These cookies were so easy to make and came out so fluffy — definitely adding this one to my “go to” list.
Have a happy Valentine’s day, friends! Love, hugs, and lots of cookies.
Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Makes approximately two dozen
Recipe adapted from Bisquick
You will need:
1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
1 c. light brown sugar, packed
1 t. pure vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
2 c. Bisquick
1 c. cherry M&M’s (available around Valentine’s Day — I’ve found them in my local grocery and big box stores)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter until light and fluffy. Scrape down bowl with a spatula. Add in brown sugar and mix well on medium speed, about 2 minutes.
3. Add in egg and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Add in Bisquick, one cup at a time. Mix until just combined.
5. Fold in M&M’s.
6. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake 8 to 10 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes, then remove and let cool completely.
Cookies will keep, stored in an airtight container at room temperature, for up to 3 days.
AMAZING, you did it again; making me bake this delicious baked goods that I’m trying to stay away from. Sigh! You’re the best!!!