Hi, friend! Let’s not talk about what a major blogging slacker I’ve been lately… no, let’s talk about little nests made of crunchy chow mein noodles, glued together with melted chocolate and butterscotch. Yes, let’s talk about that.
These couldn’t be easier. Three ingredients. No baking required. I believe in you.
(PS — If you have a gluten allergy, you could substitute flaked coconut or rice noodles for the chow mein)
Recipe adapted from Chef In Training
Makes 24 nests
You will need:
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
12 oz. butterscotch chips
12 oz. chow mein noodles
Additional 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Spray two 12-cup muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large, microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips for 1 minute. Stir the chips. Microwave for 1 more minute. Stir again. The mixture should be glossy and smooth.
3. Fold in chow mein noodles.
4. Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop about 2 tablespoons of mixture into each well of the prepared muffin tins. Press down center of mixture with a spoon to create a nest shape.
5. Refrigerate nests in muffin tins for about 20 minutes, until firm. Using a knife, carefully pull nests out of tin.
6. Melt 6 oz. semi- sweet chocolate chips, drizzle in nests. While chocolate is warm, attach jelly beans, marshmallow candies, etc. to create an edible bird’s nest. See? Told you it was easy.
These are great fun to make with friends and family members of any age! I did a little tutorial of how to make these at my church’s Easter brunch and they were a huge hit — my mom and I made some more with my nephews and they loved it.
Have a wonderful, blessed Easter friends! Love to you!
These are so amazing. I need to make them with my kids!
You totally should! They would love it!